65 Islamic and Muslim Quotes in 7 Categories
With the Quran as the central scripture, the Islamic faith holds many beautiful sayings and quotes. In this article, we present you with sayings from Islam and verses from the Koran to reflect – on various topics.
The Quran does not have a fixed number of pages – in fact, this depends on the size, font and format of the book in question.
The Most Beautiful Quotes about Islam and Muslims
Within the Muslim faith, the Koran is regarded as an eternally valid revelation that is not to be questioned or interpreted historically – because the Koran is the word of God (Allah). For Muslims, the five pillars of Islam are fundamental.
- The prayer
- The profession of faith
- The social duty
- The pilgrimage to Mecca
Beautiful Quotes and Verses from the Quran about Life
The Quran contains many inspirational verses, some of which are presented below. If you want to give a good friend some strength, the sayings are particularly suitable.
- And do not turn your cheek contemptuously to men, and do not stride exuberantly (in arrogance) on earth; for Allah loves not conceited boasters.
- Certainly, you cannot guide whom you wish to guide. But Allah guides whom He wills. He knows the rightfully guided.
- And as your Lord announced; if you are grateful, I will certainly show you more (favor). But if you are ungrateful, then my punishment is indeed severe.
- And after your Lord directs your desires.
- And do not become weak nor be sad, when you will have the upper hand if you are believers.
(Ali 'Imran 3:139)
- And no soul acquires anything except for itself, and no transgressing soul bears the transgression of another.
- You are prescribed to fight even though it is repugnant to you. But perhaps something is repugnant to you while it is good for you, and perhaps something is dear to you while it is bad for you. Allah knows, but you do not know.
- Your Lord says, "Call upon me and I will hear you."
- It is He who created the heavens and the earth in six days and rose above the throne hereupon. He knows what enters the earth and what comes out of it, what descends from heaven and what ascends there. And He is with you wherever you are. And whatever you do, Allah sees well.
- And conceal your utterance or disclose it, surely he is all-knowing about that in the breasts.
Allah Quotes from the Quran
In Islam, there is only one God – the believer Allah. As Creator God, Allah created the world but is not a part of it, but stands above it. Believers consider Allah to be omnipotent and omniscient. The formula "Allahu akbar" reflects this because, translated, it means as much as "God is as great (as no one else)."
- Rather, Allah is your Protector; and He is the best helper.
(Ali 'Imran 3:150)
- Allah is well aware of your enemies, and Allah suffices as a protector, and Allah suffices as a helper.
- Whom Allah wills to do good, He tests.
(Sahih al-Bukhari 5645)
- Allah sometimes removes a person from your life for your own good, don’t run after them.
- Allah loves the repentant, and He loves those who keep themselves pure.
- Those to whom the people said; "The people have already gathered (themselves) against you; therefore fear them." – But that (only) increased their faith, and they said; "Our sufficiency is Allah, and how excellent is the Administrator."
(Ali 'Imran 3:173)
- If Allah guides you to remember him, it is a sign that Allah loves you.
(Ali Ibn Abi Talib)
- The wisest among you is the one who feeds on the fear of Allah.
(Umar Ibn Al-Khattab)
- Whoever does good deeds for the sake of the Hereafter, Allah will put his earthly affairs in order.
- Success is granted to me only by Allah (alone). On Him I rely, and to Him I turn repentantly.
- And when you have made up your mind, then rely on Allah. Surely Allah loves those who rely (on Him).
(Ali 'Imran 3:159)
- Allah makes the impossible possible.
Islamic and Muslim Sayings about Patience
The Koran refers to patience as a primary characteristic of wise people. Here are a few verses about it. The quotes are especially suitable if you want to give a loved one some strength, courage and significant perseverance on the way.
- O my servants who believe, fear your Lord. For those who do good in this world, good is (destined). And Allah’s earth is vast. Verily, to those who are patient, their reward will be granted (by Allah) without reckoning.
- And help yourselves by patience and prayer; this is indeed hard except for the humble who foresee that they will meet their Lord and that they will return home to Him.
- And be patient, verily, Allah does not make the reward of the bodily disappear.
- And among the prophets there are quite a few with whom many Ribbiyun also fought together. In the way of Allah, they did not slacken due to the things that hit them. They have not shown weakness and have not submitted. Allah loves those who are patient.
(Ali 'Imran 3:146)
- Be patient and become owners of patience.
(Ali 'Imran 3:200)
- O you who believe, seek help in steadfastness and prayer. Allah is with the steadfast.
- But give glad tidings to those who are patient, who, when calamity befalls them, say: We belong to Allah and to Him we will return.
- And verily, whoever is patient and forgiving – that is certainly a virtue of determination in all things.
- […] And it is those who remain patient in the desire of their Lord’s pleasure, and establish prayer, and spend what we have given them in secret and in public, and ward off evil with good – these are they who shall have the reward of the Abode.
More Islamic Sayings on the Subject of "Sabr”
Under the Arabic term "Sabr" (meaning "patience" or "ancient long-suffering"), the Islamic faith teaches one to remain spiritual and steadfast.
Thus, it is said those who are patient can live with their unfulfilled wishes and desires. Islam’s supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, describes patience as a kind of resistance – such as the urge to perform sinful acts.
- So be steadfast. Surely, Allah’s promise is true. And let not those who are not convinced cause you to waver.
- And if you punish, punish in the same measure as you were punished. But if you are patient, that is truly better for the patient.
- Now Allah has made it easy for you. He knows that there is weakness in you. If there be among you a hundred stalwarts, they will conquer two hundred; and if there be among you a thousand, they will conquer two thousand, by Allah’s leave. Allah is with the steadfast.
- And we will certainly test you with a little fear and hunger and lack of possessions, souls and fruits. But proclaim glad tidings to the steadfast […].
- The good deed and the bad deed are not the same. Repel (the bad) with a deed that is better, then the one between whom and you there is enmity becomes as if he were a warm-hearted friend. But this is offered only to those who are steadfast, indeed it is offered only to the one who has tremendous good fortune.
- And obey Allah and His messengers, and do not quarrel with one another, or you would lose heart, and your strength would perish. And be steadfast. Surely Allah is with the steadfast.
Islamic Quotes about Ramadan
Ramadan is the month of fasting for Muslims. It is the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar. Specifically, nothing may be eaten or drunk from sunrise to sunset. Fasting is seen as a sacred duty, during which much prayer is done.
- The month of Ramadan (is when) the Qur’an (Qur’an) has been sent down as guidance for people and as clear evidence of guidance and discernment. So whoever is present during this month, let him fast, but whoever is ill or on a journey, let him (fast) an (equal) number of other days. Allah wills for you ease; He wills for you not aggravation, – that ye may complete the number and praise Allah as the Greatest, for guiding you rightly, that ye may be grateful.
- After all, we sent him down on the night of destiny. And what makes you know what the night of destiny is? The night of destiny is better than a thousand months. The angels and the spirit come down in it with the permission of their Lord with every matter. Peace is until dawn.
- When the month of Ramadan begins, the gates of heaven are opened and the gates of hell are closed, and the devils are put in chains.
(Sahih al-Bukhari 1899)
- O you who believe, fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become God-fearing.
- And that you fast is better for you, if only you know.
Islamic Quotes around Dunya
Dunya or ad-Dunya describes the world of human experience in the Islamic faith. Put simply, dunya is this world – that is, the life in which we find ourselves. It is also mentioned in the Koran.
- And the Hereafter is truly better for you than this world.
- These are the ones who have bought the life of this world for the hereafter. Therefore, their punishment will not be relieved and they will not be helped.
- It will be well with one who purifies himself and remembers the name of his Lord; so he prays. Nay. Rather, you prefer the life of this world, while the Hereafter is better and more enduring.
- But among them there are those who say, "Our Lord, grant us good in this world and good in the Hereafter, and save us from the punishment of the (Hell) Fire."
- Now as for those who disbelieve, I will punish them with severe punishment in this world and the hereafter; and they will have no helpers.
(Ali 'Imran 3:56)
- It is not possible for any soul to die except with Allah’s permission (and) according to a temporary predestination. Whoever wants the reward of this world, we will give him (something) from it; and whoever wants the reward of the Hereafter, we will give him (something) from it. And we will repay (it) to the grateful.
(Ali 'Imran 3:145)
- Whoever wants the reward of this world, with Allah is the reward of this world and the Hereafter. Allah is All-Hearing and All-Seeing.
- And we had given him good in this world, and in the Hereafter he is indeed of the righteous.
Verses from the Quran on the Theme of Hope
Keeping hope plays a vital role in the Koran. For example, it says whoever trusts Allah and hopes in him will be forgiven – regardless of his deeds. Below you will find verses from the Quran from which you can draw hope.
- And whoever does evil or wrongs himself and thereupon asks Allah for forgiveness, Allah will find all-forgiving and merciful.
- […] My mercy encompasses everything. I will appoint it for those who fear God and pay the tribute and who believe in our signs.
- The acceptance of repentance is incumbent upon Allah only for those who do evil in ignorance and repent thereupon in due time. Their repentance Allah accepts. And Allah is All-Knowing and All-Wise.
- And whoever relies on Allah, he is his sufficiency. Allah will certainly accomplish (the execution of) his matter(s). Indeed, Allah establishes a measure for everything.
- And when my servants ask you for me, I am near; I hear the call of the supplicant when he calls upon me. So let them listen to me and believe in me, that they may act prudently.
- Allah does not impose on any soul more than it is able to perform. It is only given what it has earned, and it is only charged with what it has earned.
More Islamic and Muslim Sayings on Life
We’ve compiled a few more below if you still need to get enough Islamic sayings.
- Earthly life is short, so turn to Allah before returning to Allah.
- Never underestimate the power of Dua.
- Be like a diamond, precious and rare, not like a stone found everywhere.
- So certainly, with aggravation is relief.
- Speak only when your words are more beautiful than silence.
- The more you let go, the higher you rise.
- Allah tests us with what we love.
- A busy life makes prayer harder, but prayer makes a busy life easier.
- Forgive others as quickly as you expect Allah to forgive you.
- And lower for them out of mercy the wing of humility, and say; "My Lord, have mercy on them, as they brought me up when I was little."