Happy weekend: 60 quotes & 10 messages for your wishes
Wish your loved ones a happy weekend with these 50 sayings and 10 messages, especially chosen for you. You’ll also find interesting facts about the weekend and tips on how to improve your weekend greetings.
Wishing someone a happy weekend brings joy and shows that you’re thinking of him or her. We’ve compiled several different sayings and messages for you, so that you can vary your weekend greetings every time.
In addition, you will find some interesting facts about the weekend and some tips that can help you improve your writing when you send out your message.
Inspirational Quotes for a Happy Weekend
In this section, we have 50 quotes divided into 5 categories for you. First, you will find messages for a good morning and a nice weekend. After that, we have a combination of evening quotes and weekend quotes.
For something more formal, you can also find weekend greetings for your business contacts. If one of your acquaintances, friends, or relatives had a hard week, we also have some suitable sayings for them.
Finally, we added a dose of humor with funny weekend quotes, to provide some laughs. Just choose the category that best suits your needs and look for an appropriate quote.
Good Morning and have a Happy Weekend
Sending weekend quotes in the morning has one advantage: you can write something that will hopefully stay with the recipient throughout the day. Send a few lovely thoughts or good morning quotes to help them get a great start to their day.
Below you’ll find sayings and quotes that fit for a morning on the weekend. Rewrite them and change them to fit your recipient. If you do it right, you’ll surely create a beautiful moment on the weekend for their weekend.
- Good morning, have a wonderful day and weekend. Stay healthy!
- Take it easy this morning. Getting up early on the weekend can take all day.
- Good morning. After many all-nighters, you still look great. In this sense, have a great weekend!
- Let the sad melody of the week turn into a rock song of the weekend! Allow yourself to do whatever you want, but don’t forget that on Monday you should be back at work.
- I wish you a good morning and a nice weekend. This must be what retirement feels like but 7 days a week. Let this thought motivate you and help you draw new strength for the upcoming week.
- Take some time for yourself this morning and enjoy the peace. In that vein, I wish you a nice weekend.
- When my boss looked for me everywhere the other day and asked where I was, I could only answer "Good employees are just hard to find". Have a great weekend!
- Good morning, I wish you a sunny weekend and lots of good vibes!
- Take your life in your hands this weekend and remember that impulsive and foolish decisions make up the best stories.
- Weekends are when you truly feel alive.
Good Evening and have a Great Weekend
Sending a nice text in the evening has the advantage that your message may be read before bedtime. So you’ll brighten someone’s mood and help him or her fall asleep.
In addition, a suitable picture with moon or star motifs, a sleeping animal or even a photo of yourself as you 'sleep' is suitable here. But don’t send the message too late, so that the other person misses it before heading to sleep. Here you can find many more quotes to wish someone a good night.
- We must cherish the weekend, it is the only thing that gives us a view of retirement. On that note, have a great evening. Let the week end on a relaxed note.
- It doesn’t matter at all how slow you’re going. You’ll still outpace anyone who does nothing. Have a great Friday night and a great weekend!
- I wish you to spend this weekend in such a stunning way so that all Emojis won’t be able to describe it.
- Leave all your troubles and worries in the past and have a wonderful weekend ahead!
- I’ll lay down on the sofa now and relax with a glass of wine and a good movie. With everything you are doing right now, I wish you lots of fun. Thinking of you and sending lovely weekend greetings.
- "When you retire, Saturday loses all its charm."
So enjoy your Saturday night and savor it while it’s still rare. Have a good night and sleep well later.
- It’s the weekend. Do something that your future self will thank you for.
- Start this weekend without any doubt, tears, fears, or worry.
- Make this sleepy weekend unique and blow the cobwebs away for a change. Have a marvelous weekend.
- Are you ready for the weekend? It’ll be great if it is pointless, relaxing and funny. Have a nice evening!
Quotes for a Happy Weekend for Professional Contacts
When addressing professional contacts, be careful not to get too personal and not too colloquial. Sending a quote or saying something to think about is sometimes enough.
We have compiled sayings about the weekend for you, which are suitable for superiors, colleagues, advertising partners, customers or other professional relationships.
In each case you should consider your relationship and how close you are to the recipient to determine how formal or informal your message should be.
- I wish you a nice weekend and thank you for the good cooperation.
- My dear colleagues, we have accomplished a lot this week. I wish you all a nice weekend and a relaxing time.
- Have a nice Friday evening and a relaxing weekend.
- "From a little spark may burst a flame."
Together we are strong. I am grateful to have such great colleagues like you and wish you a great weekend.
- You had a very busy week. Hope you get some time away from work to recharge for the upcoming challenges. Have a wonderful weekend!
- The weekend is fun, don’t stress out thinking about the pressures of work. Have a nice weekend chilling out with your family and friends.
- Happy weekend. Let’s leave the workplace worries off the plate and just chill out.
- Enjoy your weekend and worry about how to kick it. Work can wait for the rest of the week.
- "Heaven has given human beings three things to balance the odds of life: hope, sleep, and laughter."
Dear colleagues, I hope you can draw new strength from these three things this weekend. I look forward to seeing you again next week.
- "It is better to repent a sin than regret the loss of a pleasure."
That sounds like a good motto for the weekend. Have a great time!
Happy Weekend Messages after a Difficult Week
A nice weekend message after a tough week is especially motivating and shows compassion, it can also be funny. After all, humor is a great way to end a difficult week.
These sayings are also great for people you know are going through a tough time or have a lot of stress at work. Alternatively, you can send a life motto, a motivational saying or a quote of wisdom while adding a few words about it.
- I have now reached an age where one weekend a week is not enough.
- I’m doing something different this Saturday and Sunday: nothing.
- What does happiness mean? – Happiness means not having to set an alarm clock for the next day. I wish you a nice weekend.
- During the week, we all agree on one thing: the weekend can not come fast enough.
- I just wanted to let you know that I’m always here for you. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your time.
- Help me, weekend!
- The prayer for the weekend: Dear God, please give my boss the ability not to call me again on Saturday asking me to do something for him. I wish you a beautiful and boss-free weekend.
- I wish you from Monday to Friday, the strength to persevere and give it your all, and for Saturday and Sunday, I wish you the strength not to do that!
- You have worked so hard through the week. Now, it’s time to have a pleasant break. Have a wonderful weekend.
- "Self-trust is the first secret of success."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Have a great weekend, lots of rest and distractions. Always feel free to call me if you need anything. You are great, never think otherwise!
Funny Weekend Messages
You can make your recipient laugh with these funny weekend messages. Some sayings refer to alcohol consumption on the weekend, while others poke fun at good intentions for getting things done.
Make sure that the person to whom you send such a funny message shares your sense of humor. You shouldn’t send funny weekend messages to superiors if they don’t seem appropriate.
You can probably assess the humor of friends and relatives with whom you are close much easier.
- Let the weekend beGIN.
- Today it can rain, storm or snow, I’ll sit in front of the TV and drink my wine.
- Better days are coming. They are called: Saturday and Sunday. Happy weekend!
- Why is Monday so far away from Friday and Friday so bloody close to Monday?
- How was your weekend? Mine was light, dark, light, dark, Monday!
- You know that feeling when you get more done over the weekend than you set out to? – Me neither.
- Over the years, you learn in which areas at work your strengths lie. Mine are in the area of vacations and weekends.
- If the weather forecast announces twenty degrees for the weekend, then that may mean that it will be eleven degrees on Saturday and nine degrees on Sunday.
- Weekend, finally time to clean, wash, iron and tidy up…
- "I wish I could relive the weekend in slow motion." – "Slow motion is only from Monday to Friday."
Happy Easter Weekend
If you want to send someone a nice saying for the Easter weekend, you can do it with the following quotes.
- Warmest thoughts to you and your family on this holiday. Happy Easter!
- The spirit of Easter is all about hope, love, and joyful living. May you have a blessed Easter weekend!
- Happy Easter weekend! I hope you’re surrounded by sunshine, flowers, chocolate, and family on these happy days.
- Wishing you all the love and happiness that only Easter can bring. Have a joyous celebration with your family!
- Enjoy your Easter, and may you be blessed with joy this year.
- May you enjoy this weekend surrounded by friends, family, and plenty of chocolate!
- Happy Easter to a very special little girl/boy! Enjoy this weekend and all the sweetness that comes with it.
- During this hopeful time of year, I wish you and yours the best this Easter weekend.
- Sending sweet thoughts for a happy, hoppy Easter.
- Giving thanks for friends like you on this special occasion. Happy Easter!
10 messages for a nice weekend
We have compiled ten different passages for you to wish someone a nice weekend. They are longer than the previous quotes and are more suitable for close contacts like friends or family.
Included are some poems, quotes, little stories and a few pearls of wisdom that have been personally reinterpreted. So you’re sure to find some ideas that suit you and that you can use to send your loved ones some good wishes for Saturday and Sunday.
"I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."
(Vincent Van Gogh)
That’s why you should take some time off on the weekend and do nothing. Then you will have new energy at the beginning of the next week.
Have a great weekend!
"Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith."
(Henry Ward Beecher)
Stay confident this weekend and don’t think about next week. You’ll certainly enjoy it better that way. I too will stay confident and think of you from afar. Have a great weekend!
Safely through another week,
God has brought us on our way;
Let us now a blessing seek,
On th’ approaching Sabbath-day:
Day of all the week the best,
Emblem of eternal rest.
take a moment to reflect on all you’ve accomplished this week. Spend a little part of your weekend appreciating all that you done and be proud of yourself. I certainly am.
My perfect weekend means: relaxing Friday after work, watching a movie and having a drink, sleeping in Saturday, doing something in the afternoon and writing to all the people I like in the evening. On Sundays I take care of the household, do some sports, read and paint.
What does your perfect weekend look like?
The Cotter’s Saturday Night
My lov’d, much honour’d, much respected friend!
No mercenary bard his homage pays;
With honest pride, I scorn each selfish end,
My dearest meed, a friend’s esteem and praise:
To you I sing, in simple Scottish lays,
The lowly train in life’s sequester’d scene;
The native feelings strong, the guileless ways;
What Aiken in a cottage would have been;
Ah! tho’ his worth unknown, far happier there I ween!
Have a great weekend – and if you have to work today, I’ll try again tomorrow.
The only thing faster than light is the weekend. So take good care, it’ll be over sooner than you think. Enjoy it and I’ll see you next week.
And remember, calories aren’t counted on the weekend.
Weekend for me means sleeping until I’m hungry and eating until I’m tired again.
I wish you a few relaxing days and a nice break from the daily work routine.
"It is better to repent a sin than regret the loss of a pleasure."
Keep these words in mind throughout the weekend when you’re wondering whether or not you can indulge in another glass of wine or a few more chips. I’m going to really enjoy this weekend.
Have a great evening and an enjoyable weekend.
Some Facts about the Weekend
Below you’ll learn everything you need to know about the weekend. We explain where the term comes from and what it means, have information on the history of the weekend and tell you something about its meaning.
Afterwards you will find helpful tips for sending weekend greetings and numerous sayings, quotes and texts you can send.
The term "weekend" is often abbreviated as "WE". The weekend refers to the period of time between two work weeks. When a holiday falls on a day before or after the weekend, it may be referred to as a "long weekend."
Derived from the English "Weekend" the term was increasingly used in Germany from the early 20th century. In England, the term originated already in the first half of the 19th century, when the free Saturday afternoon was introduced.
The weekend has established itself to this day in Germany as a general term that includes the end of the week, i.e. Saturday and Sunday. However, this free time at the end of the week barely existed in Germany for a long time.
Meaning of the Weekend
For many people, the weekend is a factor of work-life balance. At the end of the week, something is done with family or friends, short vacations take place, and anything that fell short in the household during the week can be taken care of.
Even hobbies are often only pursued intensely during the weekend. After work, there is often little time for many people to start other ventures or projects. So the weekend significantly impacts human satisfaction and the opportunities we have to do things outside of work.
Wishing Someone a Happy weekend: 3 tips
When you wish your friends a nice weekend every now and then, they know that you are thinking of them regularly. You’re showing them a sign of your attention and maybe even putting a smile on their face. In addition, you also remain in their thoughts.
Especially if you haven’t seen someone for a while, it’s a nice gesture to wish them a nice weekend. In the following tips, we’ll tell you the best time to do it, how to add variation to your weekend greetings, and how to create nice weekend pictures yourself.
The Best Time to send Messages
The ideal time for happy weekend wishes is Friday evening. Many people already think of Friday night as the weekend, even though it’s basically like any other day of the week.
However, this is where the anticipation of being able to sleep in, rest or do something on Saturday and Sunday comes in. Most workers tend to feel like they are really living their lives on the weekend.
They recharge their batteries for the next week, stay motivated and are less likely to suffer from burnout when they have the weekend off. People’s concentration is also better when they can switch off from time to time.
Besides Friday night between 6 and 10 p.m., Saturday morning or Saturday in general is also a good time to wish someone a good weekend.
Your Weekend Wishes Should Vary
If you regularly wish your friends or colleagues a nice weekend, you should add a little variation. That means sending a regular text message or posting on social media from time to time, or sending a voicemail or even a video.
You can also send poems or quotes as weekend greetings or even make up a little story yourself. If you want to go the extra mile, you can even create your own Beautiful Weekend pictures. You’ll learn more about that in the next section.
Creating Beautiful Weekend Pictures
To create Beautiful Weekend pictures, you can choose something from our sayings and texts and combine it with a picture or photo. Either find a picture online that matches the weather, take a photo of your view from the window in the morning, or take a selfie of yourself.
Other options are pictures with typical weekend motifs like champagne glasses, landscapes, lucky charms like ladybugs or four-leaf clovers. Either you can then send the image by text and the message or saying afterwards or you can edit the image and insert the saying directly.
To edit your pictures you can use, the story function of Instagram, for example where you can upload an image, insert writing and then download it. Otherwise, you can also download special image editing programs to your PC or smartphone (like "Typic" or "Phonto").