Happy Sunday: 50 quotes & 10 messages for sunday greetings
Wish your loved ones a happy Sunday with 50 of our special sayings and 10 messages – so you can spice up your Sunday greetings. Plus, some trivia and great ideas for how you can spend a pleasant Sunday.
Wishing your friends a beautiful Sunday shows them that you are thinking about them. Make them happy by sending them one of our quotes or personalized messages. Rewrite some of the Sunday greetings or send them directly, add a picture or record them as a voice message. You can let your creativity run wild.
50 Happy Sunday Quotes
In this section you’ll find many different quotes about Sunday for your greetings. Let them inspire you, adapt them for a loved one or create your own Beautiful Sunday images, with a picture and a saying.
For example, take a photo of yourself or search online for beautiful subjects like a sun, a sleepy animal or a sky. Also, bring some variety into the game and maybe send the sayings on WhatsApp as a voicemail or short video. A GIF with a saying is also suitable.
We organized the sayings into different categories to make it easier for your to find what you’re looking for. You can choose whether you want to wish someone a good morning and a nice Sunday or rather postpone your Sunday greetings until the afternoon or evening. You will also find some funny sayings for Sunday to make your loved ones laugh.
Inspirational Quotes for a Happy Sunday
You can use the following quotes and Proverbs as inspiration for your own little Sunday greetings. In our texts at the end of the article you can see how easy it is to reinterpret and rewrite a quote for your situation.
Proverbs are also small wisdoms that are suitable to share with someone as a Motto of the Day or Saying of the Day. Post the sayings along with a picture on Instagram or to a group chat, on Facebook, via text message or email.
- "Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week."
- "Poetry is truth in its Sunday clothes."
- "The life of the wealthy is one long Sunday."
- "A Sunday well-spent brings a week of content."
- "Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week."
(Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)
- "There are many persons who look on Sunday as a sponge to wipe out the sins of the week."
(Henry Ward Beecher)
- "Don’t judge men’s wealth or godliness by their Sunday appearance."
- "On Sundays, the world is as bright and empty as a balloon."
- "Sundays should come with a pause button."
- "Have the courage to start a new path this Sunday and a miracle will happen."
Quotes about Sunday Morning
The morning is the ideal time to send an inspiration Sunday saying. This way, the recipient still has the entire day left ahead of them and can start it out with your positive words. Send loving thoughts, good morning quotes or wise sayings.
Below you will find sayings, short texts and quotes appropriate for a Sunday morning. Rewrite them for the individual and adapt them to your recipients. This way you will surely brighten their day and and help them start off the morning in a good mood.
- Good morning,
take a moment to reflect on all that you’ve accomplished this week. Spend your Sunday enjoying all this and be proud of yourself. I certainly am. Happy Sunday!
- Good morning,
I hope you are happy and content with your life. Happy Sunday to you.
- Good morning and happy Sunday to you.
Enjoy the day and allow yourself to be unavailable today.
- Happy Sunday to my favorite friend in the world. I hope you are happy today; when you are happy, I feel happy too.
- Dear ones,
I wish you a good morning and a beautiful Sunday. Today I will put my phone aside and switch off, enjoy the day and don’t be distracted. I hope you also have a wonderful day and I’ll talk to you tomorrow!
- Even though this Sunday morning is rainy, I wish you sunny greetings full of good humor. Enjoy the day and have a good start to the week tomorrow. Have a nice Sunday!
- The weather report just reached me, a long Monday is reported for tomorrow, with a high probability of fatigue and frustration. Enjoy Sunday while you’ve got it!
- Take it easy this morning. Getting up early on Sunday can take all day.
- Good morning and have a great Sunday! Keep in mind today, no matter how fast you run, the weekend runs faster. So enjoy your day off.
- I know it’s already 3pm, but it’s Sunday, so have a good morning! Hope you have a nice day today.
Happy Sunday Afternoon
The afternoon on a Sunday can be quiet, especially on rainy autumn and winter days. But it can also be busy and full of life when the weather is good and the flowers bloom in spring.
So don’t expect your message to be read immediately. Nevertheless, you will make the recipient happy and show him or her that you are thinking about them when they do.
The following sayings all relate to the afternoon. They are positive or funny phrases.
- For me, a Sunday means sleeping until I’m hungry and eating until I’m tired again. Have a great Sunday afternoon.
- Take a deep breath. Be thankful for the life you’ve got. Seek courage from your loved ones and have a wonderful Sunday!
- Family and friends are the home of the heart, so enjoy your afternoon with your loved ones. Greetings for a happy Sunday.
- Some people want to have a career, make a lot of money, have a fast car and a big house. I just want a quiet Sunday afternoon!
- Think about this today:
You’re not wasting your day by doing nothing for a change. You’re doing exactly what you need to do to relax. Try to turn off your guilty conscience, just do nothing for a while and see what the day brings.
Have a great Sunday afternoon.
- The only thing faster than light is the weekend. So take good care, it’ll be over before you know it. Enjoy it and I’ll see you next week.
And remember, calories aren’t counted on the weekend. Have a great Sunday!
- You can call me Mofa today – half man, half sofa.
- Hello, don’t you think we should start a petition that there should be a day between Sunday and Monday? Until that happens, have a great afternoon.
- I wish you a nice Sunday afternoon. I hope you meet nice people, can soak up some sunshine, relax a bit and spend time with your loved ones. Have a wonderful day.
- This afternoon is wonderful for a Sunday stroll, so how about a trip from the bed to the kitchen and then to the couch?
Have a Blessed Sunday Evening – Night
Sunday evening probably passes rather quietly for most people. On Mondays, most have to get up early, so they usually end up relaxing the evening before. For this reason, the evening is particularly suitable to send dear Sunday greetings.
It is a good occasion to express emotions. Thank you notes and positive thoughts are right here to help you fall asleep well and content later. If you can find the time, you can also send Sunday greetings to show your loved ones that you’re thinking of them.
- "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Tonight, focus on love and sleep. The next morning, devote yourself to laughter. I think of you and hope I could give you a little joy with my Sunday greeting.
- Let go of your worries because it’s Sunday. You deserve nothing less than a remarkably joyous day. Wishing you all the best. Happy Sunday, friend!
- Happy Sunday, friend. May you find peace of mind this day.
- Take a deep breath. Be thankful for the life you’ve got. Seek courage from your loved ones and have a wonderful Sunday evening!
- Enjoy the mood on this beautiful Sunday evening and try to enjoy every evening of the week like you did today. I wish you much strength and success for the next week.
- To make you laugh this Sunday evening. Here’s what my pedometer looks like for this week:
- I have now reached an age where a Sunday is not enough to recover from Saturday’s party, which I did not attend.
- The weekend is almost over now. Enjoy the rest of it, make yourself a cozy evening and go well into the new week. Love
- Enjoy the Sunday evening, today you may let yourself go. Spend the time to recharge your batteries for the week and do not think about tomorrow until you fall asleep! Love.
- You’ll always find something new to learn every Sunday. May your day be filled with plenty of love and laughter. Happy Sunday dear friend!
Funny Quotes for Sundays
Happy and funny Sunday greetings lighten the mood. On this day, many are probably starting to worry about Monday again and could use a good laugh.
Funny sayings for Sunday, are best suited for friends and relatives instead of acquaintances and colleagues. But you know what fits best and should use your own judgment.
Judge for yourself whether the person shares and appreciates your sense humor. If you know them well, there’s nothing wrong with a joke or a funny line. It adds variety to life and can put a smile on their face.
- Happy Sunday morning to you all.
I just wanted to let you know that I am not available today. Whatever questions you have, ask me tomorrow.
- The most beautiful fairy tale does not begin with "Once upon a time…" but with "When a Sunday meets a pair of sweatpants…".
- "I love to go to the zoo. But not on Sunday. I don’t like to see the people making fun of the animals, when it should be the other way around."
- All the best on this lazy day! Today you can relax without a guilty conscience, doze, chill, relax, do nothing, vegetate … oh yes and sleep a lot. Have a great Sunday!
- Have a painfully lazy Sunday. Let go of all your worries because you need to empty your mind for the new ones. Happy Sunday!
- Damn it, Sunday! Do I look like I’m ready for Monday?
- "Holiday love is love, too. But a vacation is like Sunday, and what does Sunday know of the week?"
- The saddest part of every Sunday is that no matter what you do, you will never have another day in the week like a Sunday!
- A hectic week has finally ended and another one is on the way. At least God is kind enough to give us a Sunday in between. Happy Sunday to you!
- I’m afraid I can’t move out of bed today, my new pillow has finally accepted me as a pack member and I’m afraid I’ll lose its trust if I leave today. Maybe it won’t even be possible tomorrow. To all out there, I wish you a nice Sunday and a good start of the week.
10 Texts for Sunday Messages
In this part you will find ten example texts for your Sunday greetings. We have some sayings, a little storytelling and selected poems that fit the theme.
So if you want to send a slightly longer text for Sunday, you will surely find help here.
I’m going to share with you an old family recipe for a perfect Sunday. It’s been passed down for generations and gives you a lot of strength. Take:
- your pajamas
- ten hours of sleep
- three meals and three snacks in between
- a warm blanket
- rest and a good book
Have fun following along!
"It’s better to repent what you enjoyed than to repent not having enjoyed anything."
Keep those words in mind today as you wonder whether or not you can indulge in another glass of wine or a few more chips. I’m going to really enjoy this Sunday.
Have a great day too.
Sending you warm wishes this beautiful Sunday morning from a heart filled with love. May this day be a fore-taste of a great week ahead.
Happy Sunday, my love.
One lesson that has stayed with me over the years is that Sundays are for family and are special. I have continued this tradition in my own home which continues to yield great dividends of love and affection. I love you so much mom. Thanks for all the life lessons.
Have a beautiful Sunday.
A Sunday Song
A hush is in the shining sky,
A hush is on the golden lands.
O God on high,
Fair Nature folds her hands.
A hymn is in the heart of man,
High praises jubilant and free.
Thy creatures worship Thee.
From quiet fanes where men have trod
Through centuries of holy ways.
Our Father’s God,
Their children sing Thy praise.
And here in my poor life, above
The dally turmoil harsh and grim,
O God of love.
Hear Thou my Sunday hymn.
(Amos Russel Wells)
U Under your spell
N No worries
Y You and me
"Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week."
We need to cherish our Sundays and be glad that we don’t have them every day, because then they wouldn’t be special anymore – even though there are weeks when I wish I had several Sundays.
I wish you a beautiful Sunday today. Enjoy the precious time.
Friends are born for adversity.
And they fill your life with diversity.
I wish you a happy Sunday.
Maybe we’ll see eachother one day.
You are a one in a million kind of friend and I cherish you so much.
May this Sunday be a beautiful one for you.
I sleep in, have a cup of tea and a leisurely breakfast, then do a few things around the house, go for a walk, and once again talk on the phone with friends I haven’t seen in a while.
After that I drink coffee, eat a piece of cake and relax on the couch. In the evening, we cook together with the family and finish the evening with a glass of wine and a good movie.
What does your Sunday look like? Hope you have a wonderful day today.
I hope your day is filled with joy,
spend the day with your sweet boy.
I want you to know that you are unique,
relax on the seventh day of the week.
Things Worth Knowing about Sunday
The term "Sunday" can be derived from the Latin "dies solis" for "day of the sun", because originally the Romans dedicated this day to their sun god "Sol". In Old German, there was the "sunnun tag", which can be translated as "Lord’s Day".
In Christianity it is also considered the "Lord’s Day" (Latin "dies dominica") and thus the most important day of the week. Therefore, in Christian countries, most stores are closed on Sunday.
Moreover, in most of the world, this day is considered the last day of the week. In the USA, Canada and Japan it is the first day of the week.
In Germany, the "Sunday rest" applies, which has its origins in the 19th century. On this day, there are restrictions on work that can be done on Sunday, which do not exist in Sweden, for example.
The History of Sunday
As previously mentioned, the Romans of the Antique already celebrated Sunday as a holy day. In 321, Emperor Constantine declared "dies solis" a holiday that was obligatory for everyone. Everyone was to rest on this day.
In the Middle Ages there also was the Sunday rest, but it was usually tied to a Christian service. Who worked on this day, endangered his soul according to this belief. At the time of the Reformation (1517 to 1648), the 'ban on work' was treated less strictly. What counted on that day was going to church.
In the 17th century honoring Sunday obligations was still prevalent. In the centuries that followed, however, it was observed less and less due to factors like industrialization. During the French Revolution all holidays were abolished and Sunday was declared another ordinary working day.
It was not until 1877 that work on Sunday was again restricted by the Swiss Factory Act. Before that, people in Germany sometimes worked up to 82 hours a week. From the 20th century onward things seesawed, with Sunday being protected as the day of rest and sometimes considered a normal working day. Today, Sunday is a work-free day for most people.
Ideas for a Beautiful Sunday
Sunday is an ideal day for relaxation, rest, and family time. This day can be spent in more ways than just lying on the couch or dealing with household chores.
We have three ideas on how to introduce new traditions for your Sunday. Either way, they’ll do you good.
Take a Sunday Walk
Sunday is one of the most peaceful days of the week when you can sleep in and come down. When you’re tired of sitting on the couch or doing the chores, take a comfortable Sunday walk.
Either get some quiet time alone or take family and friends with you. A river, lake or forest is the best place for a walk. So-called 'forest bathing' has a very meditative effect.
Reflect on life during your walk, send Sunday greetings, enjoy nature and don’t be disturbed. Dedicating Sunday to your well-being on a regular basis will surely have a positive effect on stress relief.
Paint a Sunday Picture
A nice idea for a quiet Sunday is to paint a Sunday picture. You can get inspiration from anywhere, process feelings and improve your creativity. You’ll also train your concentration skills and learn to be patient.
Sunday pictures are also something you can paint with your family or children. For kids, it’s best to use crayons, wax crayons or watercolors. If you’re painting alone, you can use higher end watercolor, oil or acrylic paints.
Send your Sunday picture to your friends and complete it with a suitable saying. Make your friends and relatives a very special joy and show off your new found hobby.
Cooking with Your Family and Friends
Many families celebrate Sunday with an especially elaborate and hearty meal. Either there is a Sunday roast, fish, soup or another dish that has become a tradition within the family.
Most of the time, the preparation of a Sunday dinner is left to one person, but it doesn’t have to be. On Sundays, most family members will have time, which is why you can also declare Sunday a day for cooking together.
Everyone gets a task, for example, one person makes a small appetizer, another the main course or a dessert, a side dish or a sauce and in the end everything is served together. This quickly creates a family tradition that brings everyone closer together and teaches the younger members of your family how to cook at an early age.