60 Anniversary Quotes & 3 Tips for Your Anniversary
To make your next anniversary special, we’ve got some great tips, personalized gift ideas for him and her, and anniversary quotes you can write in a card or letter. Your anniversary is guaranteed to be a huge success.
Every year couples think of nice ways to celebrate their anniversary, and those extra little gestures never go amiss. Anniversary quotes and small gifts can make a special surprise.
The Best Anniversary Quotes
Here you can find all kinds of quotes suitable for an anniversary, wedding anniversary, birthday, or Valentine’s Day. Choose one of the categories that suits you best and pick a beautiful quote for a card.
You can also write it down and frame it so your sweetheart can hang it up.
In addition to romantic quotes and loving sayings, you can also find funny quotes for your anniversary. If you are already married, check out the section with wedding anniversary sayings.
Happy Anniversary Quotes
When you give your partner an anniversary card with a romantic quote, it’s always nice to add a few words of your own.
A quote can be very meaningful in itself and beautiful in its simplicity, but merely writing a few short words from someone else in a card doesn’t show that you’ve made much effort.
Instead, choose a quote and write it on the left hand side of your card. On the right hand side, write your own words. Either refer directly to the quote or make an entirely personal love confession.
Among these quotes you’ll find the words of famous people from different eras and even some movie quotes. It’s especially nice if you two have ever watched a movie together and then you choose a quote from it that suits you.
- "You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known – and even that is an understatement."
(F. Scott Fitzgerald)
- "If you find me not within you, you will never find me. For I have been with you, from the beginning of me."
- "Whatever our souls are made of his and mine are the same."
- "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
- "We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving."
- "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
- "True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart."
(Honoré de Balzac)
- "Love is space and time measured by the heart."
- "Love is when he gives you a piece of your soul that you never knew was missing."
- "I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people."
(Vincent van Gogh)
- "We loved with a love that was more than love."
(Edgar Allan Poe)
- "Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction."
(Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
- "Love has no age, no limit; and no death."
- "A loving heart is the truest wisdom."
- "Life is the flower for which love is the honey."
- "We are all born for love. It is the principle of existence, and its only end."
- "Love is the crowning grace of humanity, the holiest right of the soul, the golden link which binds us to duty and truth, the redeeming principle that chiefly reconciles the heart to life, and is prophetic of eternal good."
- "Love conquers all."
- "You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working; in just the same way, you learn to love by loving."
- "Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit."
Romantic Quotes for Your Wedding Anniversary
Since your wedding anniversary is also an important anniversary that should be celebrated, we couldn’t miss it off our list. In this category you will find sayings that are especially suitable for a wedding anniversary.
Reminisce about that special day and describe what you felt then or still feel today. Talk about why your spouse means so much to you and round everything off with a nice saying.
Do something nice on this day and reflect on why marrying your partner was the right decision.
- "I enjoy every moment with you and look forward to our future together. Where you are, I am home and feel safe, loved, appreciated. This is a feeling I never want to lose again. All the love for our wedding anniversary."
- "My darling, you are the best thing that could ever happen to me. I will always think back happily to the day I made the best decision of my life – marrying you!"
- "You always bring a smile to my face. It’s so nice to have you. I wish us a wonderful wedding day!"
- "Thank you for always being there for me. I could never be without you and love you like the first day. Happy wedding anniversary my angel!"
- "Our love is inexhaustible, it lasts for our whole life. Of this I am sure, as I have never been sure of anything. I love you more than anything, my sweetheart. Happy anniversary!"
- "Behind every long marriage, there is always a wise woman and an indulgent man."
- "The most precious memories are collected in pairs. We have already shared so many beautiful moments together and I know we will share many more incredible experiences together. I’m grateful for that and I’m really looking forward to looking back on our full, wonderful life with you someday. Happy anniversary, my darling."
- "It was the sunny days that brought us together. But it was the stormy days that made our relationship grow. I want to be with you always, whether it’s stormy or sunny, because you and I can do anything. I love you more than ever and wish you a happy anniversary!"
- "Marriage is not an entry into a quiet harbor, but a joint exit to the open sea."
- "Saying 'I love you' takes seconds. Showing it takes hours, but proving it takes a lifetime. The promise I made to you, I will keep. I will prove to you all my life how serious I meant it. Happy anniversary my beloved sweetheart."
Anniversary Quotes for Him and Her
The following sayings are more loosely formulated, and maybe this means you will identify with them all the better. They are written in a more relaxed, everyday language.
They list all the nice things you might want to say to your partner on your anniversary and, most importantly, they show gratitude.
Your anniversary should always remind you that you can’t take your partner for granted. If your loved one makes you happy, he or she deserves to know it.
- "Happy anniversary to my better half. You make me better every day, and I’m so grateful for your love."
- "I can’t believe I’m still finding more reasons to love you. Every day you amaze me in new ways, and I can’t wait to see what the future holds."
- "My eyes will always look for you in a crowd of people. You are my favorite sight to see, always."
- "Thank you for always believing in me and staying with me through thick and thin. Your support means the world."
- "Cheers to our adventure going on forever. Here’s to many more years of laughter and love together."
- "Thank you so much for bringing such joy to my heart. My life truly wouldn’t be the same without you and all the happiness you have brought me."
- "Thank you for always standing by me, even when it’s hard. Your support means everything to me."
- "I’m so grateful to be on this roller coaster of life with you. Through all the crazy ups and downs, I’m so lucky to have you by my side."
- "May the love we share become stronger as we grow older together."
- "All love stories are great, but our love story is my favorite. I love writing each new chapter with you."
Funny Anniversary Quotes for Couples
With funny anniversary sayings, you can put a smile on your partner’s face – but be careful, it could also do the opposite. If you know that you have the same sense of humor and your partner understands how you mean a funny saying, it’s sure to make him smile.
You could also include a few of your inside jokes in the card or some funny photos of you making faces.
When you use funny anniversary sayings, you should still make sure that you take the occasion seriously. Your partner shouldn’t get the idea that your relationship could be just a joke and you don’t take each other seriously.
So write some serious words of your own (for example, a little confession of love) to make your partner laugh with a funny saying, but also make him feel that you love him and take him seriously.
- "I know that loving me isn’t always easy, but at least it’s worth it."
- "Choosing you makes up for all the bad decisions I’ve ever made."
- "Year after year, you’re still the only person I don’t want to punch in the throat."
- "Here’s your annual reminder that you married up."
- "Like a kick to the gut, you’ll always take my breath away."
- "Congrats on rocking this marriage shit."
- "I love you more than yesterday – yesterday you pissed me off."
- "If you let me kiss you today, I’ll forget all the rest."
- "With you by my side, everything becomes an exciting adventure – even the boring everyday life and stressful chores are like thrills for me when you are with me."
- "Amor hit right in the middle of your heart. And since I was behind you, as I always will be, of course he got my heart too."
Anniversary Quotes for Your Parents
Wish your parents a happy anniversary with the following quotes. You can write them in a card or send a loving message via WhatsApp.
You can combine a cute gift with one of our quotes, especially if it’s their 25th or 50th wedding anniversary.
- "Dos. Deux. Duo. However you say it, this day is about you two! Happy Anniversary!"
- "Here’s wishing you another year of true love. Happy Anniversary!"
- "This special day is reserved just for you. Happy Anniversary!"
- "To my kind and lovely parents, do you know how special you both are to me? Well, on your anniversary, I want to share this with you! All my love, your daughter/son."
- "To the most wonderful parents in the world, thanks for always being there for me and for loving so selflessly. Today is your special time to focus on your love, so I hope you celebrate your anniversary in style!"
- "Your love and strength inspire me on a daily basis. Now, take some time to cherish this special love and commemorate the occasion. Happy anniversary!"
- "Your love for one another continues to thrive! Did you know, you two are my inspiration? Hope you have a wonderful anniversary full of fun celebrations together!"
- "Happy anniversary to the most loving couple I know! I hope your day is filled with love and fun."
- "Happy [25th/50th] anniversary to an absolute power couple, AKA Mom and Dad! I hope your special day is full of love and fun."
- "Mom and Dad, I feel incredibly grateful to call you my parents and watch your love blossom throughout the years. Happy anniversary!"
A Special Anniversary
For couples, there are quite a few occasions to give gifts and write cards. Besides official holidays like New Year’s Eve and Christmas, there are birthdays, Valentine’s Day and, of course, anniversaries.
We already have Valentine’s Day to celebrate love, but there is only one day that celebrates your individual relationship.
The day you came together will always be special. That day, you came to realize that you wanted to be in a relationship with each other.
That decision completely changes your life, as you share your life with someone from then on and involve them in all your future decisions. That’s a good reason to celebrate, especially on a five-year or ten-year anniversary. And you can look back with even more pride after 25 years together.
The longer you are together, the more powerful the effect that your decision has had. A long and happy relationship is something many people greatly desire, and you should be proud of what you have. You have overcome ups and downs together over the years.
Below you will find valuable tips on how to make your anniversary special. Combine these with one of our many great sayings to delight your partner.
Tips for Your Anniversary
The following tips will help you give your partner a special treat on their anniversary. Not only will you get your relationship back on track, but you can also break away from the usual anniversary rituals and surprise your partner.
After that, we have personalized gift ideas for you that are sure to go down well.
Bring Life to the Relationship
Celebrating anniversaries properly can liven up your relationship, as you reminisce together about how you fell in love.
It’s especially nice if you can recall a romantic situation or special moment together. What were your impressions of them back then, and what would you like to experience the same way again with your partner?
Maybe you will decide to repeat a similar or the same experience. Plan a trip together and daydream about all the wonderful experiences that are still to come. The anniversary should be as stress-free as possible for both of you and dedicated to the beautiful aspects of your relationship.
Don’t Get Stuck on Cliché Romance
When we think of romance, the first things that probably come to mind are a bed covered in rose petals, candlelight, bouquets of flowers and chocolates. Yet we aren’t thinking of what we personally perceive as romantic, but rather what is supposedly considered romantic by society.
There are plenty couples who resort to these gestures out of a lack of imagination. There’s nothing wrong with that in itself, and it may appeal to some, but it’s always more romantic if you can give your partner a personalized gift that’s tailored to them and shows that you’ve made a special effort.
For example, instead of classic red roses, you could choose your girlfriend’s favorite flower or simply a rose in her favorite color.
Instead of chocolate, you could choose another one of your partner’s favorite snacks, or engrave a dedication on a piece of jewelry. In the following section you will find some ideas for making a special anniversary even more wonderful.
Write a Love Letter
A love letter is remembered for longer and for many has more sentimental value than a purchased gift. Women in particular often make a point of having their boyfriends give them at least a card on special occasions.
Go the extra mile and write a love letter for an extra special gesture. Unlike other gifts that are perishable, a letter can be read over and over again.
If you don’t usually write love letters, you’ll probably ask yourself a few questions:
What can I even put in a love letter? How can I formulate it in a way that doesn’t sound pompous and still feels true to myself? Ask yourself the following questions and incorporate their answers into your letter:
- What qualities do you love most about him/her?
- Why does he/she make you laugh?
- Why does he/she make you happy?
- What shared experience was especially nice for you and what did you feel about it?
- How do you imagine your future together?
- When exactly did you realize that you love her/him?
Personalized Anniversary Gifts for Him and Her
When buying anniversary gifts, you should consider how long you’ve been together and how much money you want to spend.
In general, it is advantageous to agree on some things beforehand. Set a limit so that one of you does not spend much more than the other, who might then feel bad. Among other things, you will find ideas for personal gifts in the next section; these can often be easier on the wallet.
Think about the kind of things your partner likes to receive for his or her birthday. Are the wishes more experience-oriented or are they practical things?
Do their eyes light up at chocolate or at home-cooked food? Or would a love letter make your sweetheart happy? Does he love technical knickknacks or has he been wanting something specific to wear for a long time?
Since you’ve known each other for a while, you can think about all of your partner’s likes and hobbies and weigh up what would be nice options for gifts. We’ve already collected a few ideas to help inspire you:
If your partner likes chocolate, get tickets to a chocolate museum. And if it’s in your budget, add a chocolate tasting experience for a special highlight.
Find out how to get there beforehand and prepare a gift according to the theme. For example, you could put a chocolate fondue on the table and present the cards afterwards or hide them in a chocolate bar.
For this idea, all you need to do is get a small to medium box or a sealable jar and write all the things you love about your sweetheart on little slips of paper. Bend the slips of paper in half and put them in the box – the more the merrier. Some possible inscriptions might be:
- your charisma
- your humor
- that I always feel safe and secure with you
- your smile
- your loving personality
- your patience
Festival or Concert Tickets
What artists is your partner listening to most at the moment? Has he always wanted to go to a certain festival? Get tickets and give him this great shared experience.
Keep in mind that you will also enjoy it, so it will be a fun gift for both of you. Make sure you both keep the day free and sort out any travel arrangements and hotel bookings beforehand.
Photos and Photo Gifts
Photos are always a nice gift. They capture beautiful moments and can remind you of a long relationship at a single glance. Photo albums, photos in frames, photo mugs, pillows and keychains… if you have beautiful photos of you both together, then so many things are possible.
If you decide to make a photo album, you can either take a mix of your favourite photos of you, arrange your photos chronologically, or even just select photos from a shared experience, such as a vacation.
Choose a few of our sayings and write them in the album. This way your partner will not only enjoy the pictures, but also the little tokens of love on each page. It is especially romantic if you write a small introductory text or a dedication in the album.
Write Down Your Love Story
Here, you can just write away and remember how it was when you first met. Write the story like a fairy tale, "Once upon a time…", or from a first-person perspective.
Either way, your own love story is a wonderful gift. Even if you don’t consider yourself a talented writer, your partner will be delighted with this romantic gesture.
Instead of a love story, a beautiful love poem will also work.
Prepare a Romantic Evening
A romantic evening can be a wonderful gift, whether it’s for him or for her. Prepare everything in advance for a perfect evening.
Cook a delicious meal, light candles, get some wine or other drinks that you both like, and maybe find some good music to play in the background.
Going out to eat can be nice, but home-cooked food exudes a lot more love and you will have your privacy.
If you want to go the extra mile, you can even print out a menu and hide little love messages on the table. That way you’ll create a shared memory that you can always think back on.
A Wine Tasting
If you both like wine, a shared experience like a wine tasting is also a great gift. Find out if something like this is possible in your area or even prepare a private wine tasting yourself.
Choose several wines and find information about them online. You can prepare small cards and present them to your partner. If your partner likes to drink beer, you could also order beer from all over the world or get various types at the supermarket.