Top stories this Monday morning include a comic book shop proponent with bad ideas about protecting comic book shops (link), a new lower VAT for audiobooks in Germany (link), bad copyright advice (link), and more.
- Comic book shop advocate pushes for windowing of digital comics (TeleRead)
- Everything I did wrong when I tried to make a digital comic file (Sandpaperdaisy Art)
- Germany slashes audiobook VAT, pushes for e-books cut (The Bookseller)
- HarperCollins acquisition of Harlequin and what it means for readers (Dear Author)
- How Amazon and Comixology betrayed comic book readers (The Passive Voice)
- Poor man’s copyright: Mailing something to yourself doesn’t work. (Slate)
- Steve Jobs may have escaped criminal charges due to ‘reality distortion field’ (TeleRead)