Must read stories this morning include David Gaughran's history lesson on a precursor to Author Solutions (and its connection to Random House), the chilling effects of copyright, howJames Patterson became the The Henry Ford of Books, and more.
- Georgia Tech Research Finds Copyright Confusion has 'Chilling Effects' in Online Creative Publishing (Georgia Tech)
- How James Patterson Became the Ultimate Storyteller (Vanity Fair)
- How Jessica Mitford Exposed A $48m Scam From America’s Literary Establishment (David Gaughran)
- How To Speak Startup (TechCrunch)
- Why media companies should pay attention to Medium’s native ads (GigaOm)