BEA formally kicks off tomorrow, but the pre-conference duals, ritual sacrifices to the gods of publishing, and self-flagellation started today with the IDPF conference and a Publisher's Launch event.
I'm not there, obviously, but I am following the blog posts and I've collected the ones from the blogs I normally follow (and Teleread).
- BEA 2012: Self-Published Titles Topped 211,000 in 2011 (PW)
- E-Book Adoption in U.S. Nearing 25%, India and Brazil Growing (Digital Book World)
- GalleyCat’s Handy Guide to BEA (GalleyCat)
- A Loner’s Guide to Book Expo America (BOOK RIOT)
- Penguin’s Global View of the E-Book Market: DRM, International (Digital Book World)
And here's the coverage from TeleRead. Paul provided far more posts than anyone so I thought it a good idea to split the list in two.
- IDPF – Emerging Models for Content Monetization – Ernie Sander ( )
- IDPF – The Global Race for International Ebook Retail, Michael Tamblyn ( )
- IDPF – How Consumers Discover Books Online, Otis Chandler ( )
- IDPF – James Crawford, Engineering Director Google Play books ( )
- Publerati ebook publisher of literary novels and short story collections launches at BEA ( )
- IDPF – Paul Aiken – Authors Guild on the Justice Department settlement ( )
image by University Hospitals Birmingham