Here are a few stories to read this morning.
- How an independent bookstore took on anti-feminist trolls and won (The Guardian)
- Minitel: The Online World France Built Before the Web (IEEE Spectrum)
- Are Japan's bookstores in the path of yet another storm? (Japan Today)
- Canadian entertainment industry begs Chinese courts to censor its movies (Boing Boing)
- New York Today: Celebrating the Strand (The New York Times)
The Minitel story reminds me of a similar service AT&T (which at the time was a US monopoly) tested here in the US in the early 1980s, only I can't find any details on it (no, not Prodigy).
Does anyone know the service I am referring to?
image by TLV and more